JOB ADVERTISEMENT– KCB BANK RWANDA LTD
KCB Bank Group is East Africa’s largest commercial Bank that was established in Kenya in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and Ethiopia completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today KCB Bank Group has the largest branch network in the Region of over 250 branches, 962 ATMs and 12,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. This is complemented by mobile banking and internet banking services with a 24hour contact center service for our customers to get in touch with the Bank. The Bank has a wide network of correspondent relationships totaling over 200 banks across the globe and our customers are assured of a seamless facilitation of their international trade requirements wherever they are.
We are Simple, Inspiring and Friendly, and practice these values as we work towards simplifying our clients’ world to enable their progress.
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd is a member of KCB Group Plc, operating with a Network of 12 branches, 2 cash centers, 25 ATMs and over 260 banking agents, spread across the width and breadth of the country in order to take our products and services closer to the marketplace. We pride ourselves in being an innovative, warm and customer friendly bank offering a full range of financial solutions.
JOB TITLE: MANAGER, CREDIT RECOVERIES (MLC) - (Ref Number: MCR -01/02/17)
Reporting to the Head of Credit KCB Bank Rwanda, the role holder will manage, identify, review and recover or restructure/restore to performance non-performing debts and make appropriate recommendations to avoid recurrence in an effort to mitigate credit risks.
§ To recover or restore to performance the greatest amounts of non-performing debts, at the shortest time possible and at least cost.
§ To reduce the Bank’s level of non-performing debts.
§ To enhance the Bank’s overall image through improved relations with bad debtors and ensure customers are satisfied through timely responses to issues.
§ Give recommendations to line management on issues of debt recovery including disposal of securities, litigation, final settlement etc.
§ Ensure costs are reduced through management of service providers and economic use of utilities.
§ Make recommendations on restructuring of debts, full and final settlement requests, write offs and write-downs.
§ To review of debtors files, feedback of clients visits, monthly performance in order to reduce NPL Portfolio.
§ Partner with legal unit and lawyers for efficient and effective resolution of matters in court.
Minimum position requirements:
For the above position, the applicant should have:-
· University Degree with a major in Business Administration, from a recognized university. Possession of a postgraduate degree or professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in General Banking of which at least 3 of those should be in a Credit recovery role.
· Great negotiation skills.
· At least two years’ experience as a team leader within a professional work environment.
· Well-developed business acumen
· Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships, both internally and externally.
· Knowledge of banking trends, administrative skills, project management and business strategy