Position Details: Environment Engineer
Environmental Engineer : Designs, plans, or performs
engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental
health hazards utilizing various engineering disciplines. Work may include
waste treatment, site remediation, or pollution control technology.
Job Duties and Tasks
review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste
technicians, engineers, and other specialists, and experts in law and business
to address environmental problems.
update, and maintain plans, permits, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide technical-level support for environmental remediation and litigation
projects, including remediation system design and determination of regulatory
- Monitor progress of environmental improvement programs.
industrial and municipal facilities and programs in order to evaluate
operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing
project documentation, training staff, and performing other general
- Develop proposed project objectives and targets, and report to management on
progress in attaining them.
corporations and government agencies of procedures to follow in cleaning up
contaminated sites in order to protect people and the environment.
- Advise industries and government agencies about environmental policies
- Inform company employees and other interested parties of environmental issues.
the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on air,
water, and land.
- Assist in budget implementation, forecasts, and administration.
- Develop site-specific health and safety protocols, such as spill contingency
plans and methods for loading and transporting waste.
and manage environmental protection programs and projects, assigning and
- Serve as liaison with federal, state, and local agencies and officials on
issues pertaining to solid and hazardous waste program requirements.
- Design systems, processes, and equipment for control, management, and
remediation of water, air, and soil quality.
- Prepare hazardous waste manifests and land disposal restriction notifications.
- Serve on teams conducting multimedia inspections at complex facilities,
providing assistance with planning, quality assurance, safety inspection
protocols, and sampling.
- Develop and present environmental compliance training or orientation sessions.
- Maintain, write, and revise quality-assurance documentation and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and manage plans and programs related to conservation and
management of natural resources.
- Assess, sort, characterize, and pack known and unknown materials.
- Provide environmental engineering assistance in network analysis, regulatory
analysis, and planning or reviewing database development.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental
Engineering or in related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in an
environment team in an operational setting preferably Oil &Gas
- Proven experience in handling
Environment Social Impact Assessment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding
of Uganda’s environment legislation and international best practices and
standards e.g. IFC, IPIECA
- Proven ability to work independently
and meet deadlines
- Good report writing and analytical
- Proficient in Ms Office.
Deadline: 17 November 2017