Position Details: Biodiversity Specialist
This Biodiversity Specialist position is a key role in our
business, and is responsible for coordinating ecology and biodiversity
management advice, plans and monitoring to ensure compliance with regulation
and company requirements. Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to
work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide
range of internal and external stakeholders, whilst maintaining a high work
level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about the environmental performance
If you have these skills and have the specialist competencies relevant to the
petroleum, gas and energy sectors is a plus.
- Coordinating and tracking the management of deliverables,
implementation and updates to key operational biodiversity documents and
- Key liaison with spatial services on appropriate biodiversity
mapping layers for constraint assessment; including, advice on incorporating,
analysing and reporting on ground-truthed ecology data, disturbance/impact data
and rehabilitation data collected from the field.
- Key biodiversity input to rehabilitation plans, plan of operations
and analysis of rehabilitation monitoring data for environmentally sensitive
areas/fauna and flora habitat.
- Provide advice to the business regarding assessment of impact of
activities on biodiversity matters (fauna/flora/threatened ecosystems) and how
to avoid, mitigate, manage and offset.
- Coordinating compliance with protected plant clearing permit
conditions (e.g. offset plans and rehabilitation) and tracking and reporting on
- Provide annual reporting on biodiversity matters; including tracking
disturbance to ecosystems / fauna habitat and offset performance and
- Implement and maintaining the Biodiversity Action Plan for Oil
& Gas Field.
- Provide support and advice on any changes to regulation about
biodiversity legislation and policy.
- Develop scopes of work for baseline studies or monitoring and
ensure implementation as required.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and records management processes
are maintained for effective tracking of environmental performance.
- A degree(s) or equivalent in a relevant science or environmental
science discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of Experience working in a role dealing with environmental impact
assessment, environment planning and/or implementing environmental management
plans or permits and approvals.
- Technical ecology/biodiversity expertise and ability to
assess and provide advice regarding species habitat and
ecosystem function, as well as avoidance, management mitigation and
offsetting of environmental impacts, specifically for Matters
of State and Federal Environmental Significance.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and policies, and
internationally recognized standards regarding biodiversity.
Deadline: 17 November 2017