Position Details: Sales and Marketing Manager
The Sales and marketing manager is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long term, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor businesses, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Meets with key clients, assisting branch managers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Directs product and service research and development.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
- Supervisory Responsibility
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience
- Three (3) years of related experience with progressive management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/ Marketing. A bias in the Health Sector is preferred.