Our client, Kinazi Cassava plant is an integrated company and a lead in processing and producing quality cassava flour for national and international consumption.
· Ensure compliance with corporate, finance and accounting policies, business controls, procedures and reporting.
· Provide sound business decision-making support to other senior members of the organization through the accurate monitoring, reporting and analyzing of financial results and projections
· Provide timely proactive financial evaluation, information and advice that enable the operations to develop and execute effective plans and take informed decisions
· Interact with and provide support to operations department’s personnel to ensure seamless resolution of issues
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
Financial Accounting and Reporting
· Preparing annual financial accounts, in compliance with local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Preparing monthly management accounts and reviewing support schedules.
· Monitoring and analyzing financial reports and records and pro-actively identifying issues and initiating corrective actions where needed.
· Reconciling company assets and analysis of utilization.
Monitoring and Controlling
· Preparation of debtor’s reports.
· Trucking income Variance analysis and explanations.
· Preparation of creditor’s reports
· Controlling chart of accounts by monitoring access rights in the accounting system.
· Maintaining adequate systems of internal controls needed to safeguard assets, ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance with policies and procedures
· Ensuring proper planning and management of loans by ensuring that interest and principal are properly recorded /accounted for and paid within the loan agreement.
· Negotiating exchange rates with various banks.
· Preparation of supplier payments and reconciliations.
Taxation and Statutory Returns
· Ensuring accurate calculation, payment and submission of company statutory deductions in a timely manner and as per the relevant legislation.
· Ensuring withholding tax is properly calculated and remitted on behalf of third parties.
· Coordinating, preparing and submitting statutory returns and payments.
People and Relationship Management
· Exercising sound management and leadership skills and principle
· Ensuring a strong focus on people development and continuously developing potential of staff through training and mentoring.
· Monitoring the productivity and effectiveness of direct reports.
· Keeping staff informed and assisting them when required.
· Developing and maintaining liaison with tax advisors.
· Providing internal and external auditors with all assistance as required.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal skills. A team player with strong attention to detail and follow up.
· A self-motivated, highly energetic and innovative individual. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Computer literacy including knowledge of QuickBooks and an ERP accounting software is essential.
Planning and Organizing;
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive and innovating approach to work.
· A high level of integrity and reliability.
· Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Accounting or any related field
· Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience of professional experience.
· A qualified accountant with CPA or ACCA professional qualifications is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Strong business acumen,
· Strong analytical and numerical skills.
· A high level of integrity and reliability
· Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda is essential
· Ability to work and deliver under pressure
Application Deadline: 05th July 2018