Position Details: Community Relations Officer
The role of a Community Relations Officer is an exciting
one that combines elements of relationship building, stakeholder management, fundraising,
volunteer coordination and to assist in
reviewing community relations programs, materials and practices.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To establish awareness of the Organization distribution service in the Community.
- Assist in developing and implementing community plans and ensure that program deliverables are met on time and within agreed budget.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of community relations activities and identify improvement areas.
- Proactively identify potentially contentious community issues, provide advice for effectively managing issues and escalate to manager as appropriate.
- Provide information to the community, staff and other stakeholders on the progress of programs/activities
- Track project communication activities and report on progress each month.
- To liaise, plan and strategize with the Company Communications team as well as Community Relations Officers in other regions.
- To be committed to personal development, actively contributing to supervisions, appraisals and training as well as development opportunities in accordance with individual and organizational need.
- To be responsible for maximizing the company’s income.
- To contribute to, and participate in Company’s’ team meetings, planning and developments.
- To promote the work and activities of the Company at various events.
- To provide necessary information in a timely manner and contribute to the sharing of ideas within the Company.
- To work in line with policies on equal opportunities and non¬discriminatory practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Corporate Communications or equivalent.
- Experience in a communications or community relations, NGO’s community development project role.
- Ability to develop and implement community liaison strategies.
- Experience in managing community issues for corporate aspect or community development projects.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; and ability to expand relationships.
- Good presentation skills and negotiations.
- Strong service-orientation, result driven and proactive.
- Excellent in English and any other local Language.
- Proficiency in Computer skills.
Deadline: 17th November 2017