Position Details: Hydrogelogist
- Manage hydrogeology projects and clients and lead the
technical inputs for a range of groundwater projects;
- Focus on hydrogeological aspects of projects, with
emphasis on geological and hydrogeological interpretation and site conceptualization,
leading to specialized studies;
- Complete groundwater projects including data
collection; interpretation; field program planning, interpretation of
hydrogeological testing (pumping, slug, packer) results, characterisation of
aquifer conditions, and regulatory agency liaison;
- Develop and assist with groundwater data management,
hydrogeological logging, reporting, contractor and supplier management and
- If required, undertake periodic field program
supervision including drilling and testing programs, water sampling programs,
field mapping, contractor management;
- Collaborate with the team of geochemists and engineers
across the multidisciplinary Exploration and Production projects.
- Experience in field and design elements of hydrogeology
- Experience working in Mining and/or Oil & Gas
- Drilling (monitoring and production bores) and aquifer
testing experience, groundwater sampling and assessment experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- BSc in hydrogeology/geology; applicable postgraduate
Hons or MSc an advantage.
- Ability to work in team environments and autonomously
in remote locations advantageous.
- Knowledge of mine water management best practice and
legislative drivers would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable
government and international regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written
communication skills in English.
- Be willing to travel domestically, occasionally in
remote and varying environments sometimes with limited communications and
- Show comprehension and application of strong business
ethics and health, safety and environmental principles, and a commitment to
quality management systems.
- Previous consulting experience is an asset.
- Professional accreditation in Hydrogeology will be an