Our client in the oil and gas industry seeks to hire a suitably qualified Environmental Field officer and will support Oil and Gas Field activities by conducting environment monitoring of the company’s field operations to ensure compliance with the law, Company policies and/or industry best practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Deliver leadership and guidance to operations in the field and ensure that environmental risk is addressed.
· Implement Company’s EMP and waste management plan in field operations.
· Ensure project input from the field to ensure adequate operational elements are captured.
· The incumbent will also identify opportunities of continual improvement.
· Actively engage with key Contractors and Government site inspectors on environmental management and ensure delivery of work scopes is aligned to legal and Oil and gas fields standards.
· Conduct environmental audit of operation sites.
· Oversee the implementation of oil spill contingency plan.
· Perform any other duties assigned by superior.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the Environmental Field Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or management, or related disciplines.