Our Client is an
independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi - Kenya and
D.C. Metro - U.S. Our Client is primarily focused on offering alternative investment
solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high
net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African
region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate
investments are made through our development affiliate, Our Client Real Estate,
where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across
ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education,
hospitality and technology.
To manage its
rapid growth, Our Client is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual
with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join as the Financial
Controller (FC). The successful candidate will have the opportunity
to participate in a strong equity incentive structure.
key role of the position is to provide financial advice and counsel on
strategic and operational issues in the Finance Department, as well as work
with the Finance Team to execute and reconcile the daily financial and
accounting activity of the firm. As a Manager of Our Client, he/she will be
expected to continuously offer all stakeholders the most accurate financial
position of the firm, as well as assist in offering perspectives as to how Our
Client can meet, and exceed, its goals and objectives while maintaining a
financially sound position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g.
Forecasting and budgeting.
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements,
payments and cash-flow.
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with
the operations and project teams in analysing margins, variances and cost
- Assist in leading the annual budgeting and planning process
- Assist the Directors in leading the audit process; ensure
transparency in all internal and external financial reporting.
- Developing financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities
and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources, developing action
- Effectively manage, lead and develop a finance and corporate services
team; develop, mentor and where necessary, recruit a staff of high
performers that recognize and embrace Our Client’s vision and its unique
culture and set of values; build the team’s bench strength.
- Work with Directors to establish and implement of both short and
long-term goals, objectives and policies for the Finance Department.
- Accountable for all the timely preparation and accuracy of all
financial reports and documents to be presented to the Board, shareholders
and financial/investment community.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Company’s bankers and other
lenders and determine loan credit facility requirements and administering
- Implement a robust contracts management; ensure that the contract
billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and
cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt,
taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are
met, and ensure compliance with taxation and any other financial legal
- Ensure the designing and implementation of procurement strategies
that support the business, the changing market conditions, and new business
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA an added
2. Professional accounting designation (ACCA, CPA etc.)
3. At least 7 years of overall professional experience; ideally 5+ years of
broad financial management experience. Global markets and operating experience
will be a significant added advantage.
4. Strong leadership skills.
5. A track record in financial management.
6. Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support
and enable sound decision making.