Our Client is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi - Kenya and D.C. Metro - U.S. Our Client is primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Our Clients Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
To manage its rapid growth, Our Client is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join as the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a strong equity incentive structure.
The primary responsibility is to work alongside the Managing Partner, Partners and Senior Executives to ensure the day-to-day execution of operations, with speed and accuracy. The person will be responsible for developing a strategic support services function that is responsive and proactive to business and client needs.
1. Degree, with at least a 2nd Class Upper Division is preferred. Masters in administration/strategic
management will be an added advantage.
2. At least a B+ in KCSE is preferred.
3. At least 7 years of overall professional experience.
4. Understanding of all business functions, including investments, real estate, finance, operations, administration, human resources, marketing and brand.
5. Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
6. Skills in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
7. Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Our Client’s mission and vision.
8. A track record in financial management. A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
9. Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
10. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
11. Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal directions.
12. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients, administrators and custodians.