Position Details: Human Resource
Our client is a leading power solutions entity with
a mission to empower people in Sub-Saharan Africa to improve their standard of
living by building a last mile- customer centric sales and distribution
network. Our Client currently offers solar energy solutions mainly though not
limited to people in rural Uganda. Our Client seeks to recruit a suitably
qualified and results-oriented individual to fill the vacancy above. The
company is interested in hiring a proactive person who builds new markets and
drives existing one
The Human Resources Manager will play the very
important role of recruiting players, nurturing and driving an organizational
culture of excellence, empowerment and growth. The duty station for this role
is at the head office in Kampala although one may be required to travel
upcountry from time to time.
function reports to the Head of Human Resources.
- Ensures a value fit of all employees
- Ensures that the right people are in the right
- Develops and administers performance metrics.
- Develops & administers programs,
procedures, processes & guidelines to help align the work force with the
strategic goals of the company.
- Manages the development and maintenance of Human
Resources sections of the website and other job platforms.
- Does needs assessments on employee training
needs, new employee on-boarding, induction and measurement of training impact.
- Ensures standards recruiting & hiring
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources
policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee
relations and rights.
- Ensures Labor law compliance.
- Protects the interests of employees and the
company in accordance with the governmental laws & regulations. Minimizes
- Designs and implements welfare needs for the
skills & attribute
- Proven experience as an HR professional for at
least 5 years
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent writing & editing skills
- A strategic thinker
- Experience in team building & mentorship
- Industry knowledge would be of great advantage
- A solid education in Human resources or related