Position Details: Parts Manager
Engineering Solutions (U) Ltd – ENGSOL deals in Tractors and other implements; It is one of the most experienced companies involved in agricultural mechanization in Uganda and imports, distributes and provides after-sales support for Massey Ferguson, Deutz-Fahr, and TAFE among others.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Parts Manager will be responsible for running a profitable and efficient parts department through selling and promoting of Engsol parts in a professional manner.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and administer financial targets &operating budgets for the parts department
- Develop& implement market programmes and objectives to increase sales for the parts business.
- prepare monthly sales performance reports and determine action plans to achieve the set targets
- Establish and enforce a pricing policy that balances the cost of doing business and customer loyalty e.g. setting of prices, credit terms, and discount levels.
- Managements and control of parts department expenses to safeguard company profitability and return on investment.
- Establishment and management of customer accounts &adherence to credit terms.
- Working with retail and wholesale customers in considering credit applications, handling complaints, and negotiating prices to ensure customer enthusiasm.
- Ability to develop and follow action plans to ensure customer enthusiasm and Parts Department profitability
- Analyse parts customers and competition market survey/analysis and develop strategies accordingly.
- Efficient management of stock inventory ensuring that on system and physical coincides each other
- Conduct and participate in periodic stock takes (annual, perpetual, and every delivery stock takes)
- Liaise with departments to determine any required parts for ordering and notify upon arrival (services, sales-whole good and production)
- Leadership and organisation of parts team through target setting, visit programmes, reporting, trainings, and reviewing team performance on a regular basis in accordance to performance policy.
- Supervise parts warehouse team, emphasise cleanliness and also ensure that all parts are neatly stacked
- Ensure that company policies are adhered to effectively
- Assisting in any other duties assigned by management
- Timely preparation and submission of reports.
- Update stock cards for ordering
- Maintenance of personal health and hygiene standards.
- Awareness of risk and safety and promotion of the EHS policy in all areas of business.
- Adherence and compliance to ENGSOL HR Policies and Procedures.
- Living the ENGSOL values.
- Self-development and knowledge sharing
Knowledge and Skills
Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Listening, Phone Skills, Multi-tasking.