Position title: Administrative & Finance Assistant
Grade: Seconded Short Term Staff
Department: Country Office Rwanda (CORW), Kigali Based
Supervisor’s Title: COUNTRY MANAGER
The Our client has been established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and Government, development partners, the private sector, and the civil society, in the design of its development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the poverty reduction strategy. The office also seeks to assist the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and follow up of projects and programs in Rwanda. The major functions of the office fall under the major areas of: country programming, project administration, promoting participation, regional integration, and aid co-ordination, in line with the partnership principles and with a view to increasing development effectiveness and impact.
The Bank through NFT consultancy invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant short term position of an Administrative & Finance Assistant.
Administrative and Finance Assistant
Under the overall administrative authority of the Country Manager, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will undertake to implement CORW’s administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources activities and supervision of use of office facilities and resources. He/she will carry out effective recording, control and management of Bank resources, the Office’s operational activities in keeping with the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Budget preparation and implementation:
· Participate in drawing up the administrative budget of the Bank’s Office following the schedule set by the Budget Department while taking into account the particular investment needs of the Office;
· Ensure recording, up-dating and monitoring expenditure in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures
· Report periodically on the status of budget implementation and propose possible revisions.
· Establishing procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service and identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources.
· Advise the management on methods to improve control environment in the Country Office
Finance and Accounting
· Ensure timely payments of all bills for CORW in line with established financial procedures and regulations.
· Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
· Process for payment and maintain individual staff mission expenditure; advances and balances.
· Keep and maintain daily updates of all the required Country Office books of accounts, records, inventory and files in order, and all financial transactions captured and entered in SAP.
· Produce for review and final approval of the Country Manager, all the Office monthly financial and budget execution reports.
· Undertake timely preparation and verification of reports, statements and schedules for auditing of the Country Office activities
Human Resources Management
· Keep all staff records/Files up-dated.
· Up-date and submit monthly reports on personnel management.
· Manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force.
General Administration: institutional procurement of goods and services and Management of property and equipment
· Undertake procurement of goods and services in keeping with the Bank’ rules and procedures.
· Manage the preparation and monitoring of service providers’ contracts.
· Keep stock of Office supplies and inventory of Bank property and equipment.
· Management of office vehicles in accordance with the bank’s transport policy and instructions in force.
· Ensure the quality of Bank facilities in Rwanda, including workspaces, property and equipment as well as service provision relating to the upkeep, maintenance and security of facilities according to Bank standards.
· Organize, supervise and monitor the activities of administrative staff and ensure appropriate training for the latter in order to obtain quality services;
· Ensure all administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff are obtained from the relevant authorities.
· Proper management and control of office stores and petty cash.
· Ensure administrative support to all the Country Office staff and bank’s visiting mission as required.
· Ensure that proper filing is undertaken in the Country Office;
· Ensure that proper control mechanism and segregation of duties are in place, and that Bank procedures are fully implemented.
Selection Criteria (including skills, knowledge and experience required)
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting and or Finance or Related ;
· Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA) will be considered as an added advantage
· At least six (6) years of relevant work experience. Experience in a similar post in a multilateral organization will be considered an advantage.
· Knowledge and experience in administrative; financial accounting; and full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance.
· Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
· Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups
· Competence in the use of Bank standard software (SAP, Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of French will be considered an advantage.
Terms of Employment
3 months contract with possibility of renewal, based on strong performance and budget availability
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted
Application Deadline: 5th-Dec-2017