Position Details: Logistics Manager
GOAL Uganda- GOAL Relief & DevelopmentOrganization a global international organization that delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes which include; distributing food, water and shelter materials, health, child empowernment and protection, and livelihood programmes is seeking to recruit a qualified professional for the position of Logistics Manager for Kampala. This person will work in Kampala with frequent travel to field locations, and will report to the Logistics Coordinator.
General Description of the Role:
In support of the Logistics Coordinator, manage the Logistics Function in GOAL Uganda both at country and field office level with the aim of:
- Providing effective and timely logistics support to all programmes in relation to Supply Chain, Assets, Premises Management and Fleet.
- Ensuring that all GOAL logistics tasks are carried out in compliance with the GOAL and donor requirements.
- Build the capacity of and manage staff in the logistics department in accordance with the HR Policy, and ensure the highest standards of ethics, accountability and professionalism.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To familiarise self and comply with all the policies outlined in the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements.
- Assist the Logistics coordinator to identify training needs and support training of logistics staff in Kampala.
- To oversee the completion of the required reports and timely submission of the monthly logistics reports to the Logistics Coordinator.
Human Resources Management:
- Support the procurement, fleet, stores and premises team in Kampala.
- dentify and address any specific capacity building needs for all Logistics staff.
- Coach logistics personnel on best practice and GOAL's logistics procedures;
- Ensure performance management activities in relation to the logistics staff in Kampala are carried out as per required schedule (probation evaluations, mid-term reviews and annual appraisals);
- Identify training or development needs where necessary.
Responsible and accountable for all supply chain related activities with respect to the following tasks:
- Ensure that all staff adhere to GOAL procurement procedures.
- Implement, train and coach the logistics team on effective systems for the management and prioritisation of incoming orders.
- Ensure that all procurement requests are delivered in a timely manner while ensuring that GOAL purchasing systems and relevant donor guidelines are complied with.
- Ensure extensive supplier and market surveys are carried out and a preferred supplier list (Vendor Roster) and price lists are established and regularly updated
- Ensure that, in conjunction with the GU Donor Compliance Officer, all logistics personnel are trained in donor procurement guidelines and that all procurement activities adhere to these.
- Secure best value for money and service benefits on all procurement requests.
- Ensure effective performance of the procurement function country wide.
- Ensure that all procurement files are completed as per GOAL logistics and financial procedures, and that the paper trail is closed off by handover of all documentation to the Finance Department.
Fixed Assets Management:
- Ensure that all procedures and documents pertaining to Asset Management as per the Logistics manual are in place and being followed.
- Ensure on-going update of the Fixed Asset Register.
Vehicle and Driver Management:
Supervise the fleet officer on the following tasks:
- Ensuring that all aspects of driver and vehicle policy are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure that all car movements are well planned and plans are adhered to.
- Ensure that checks related to safety of vehicles are carried out on a regular basis.
- Ensure that a car/motorbike maintenance plan is in place and executed to set standards.
- Ensure that timetables are in place for renewing of insurance/taxation/road licences etc. and that vehicles comply with relevant legislation at all times.
- Ensure that vehicle usage is controlled and monitored (including fuel usage, etc.).
- Ensure that all relevant monthly reports are compiled and submitted on time.
Stocks & Warehouse Management:
Supervise the stores assistant on the following tasks:
- Implementation of all stores management procedures and associated documents in line with GOAL Logistics Manual.
- Educate & coach relevant staff in stores management systems and standards.
Supervise the logistics officer responsible for premises on the following tasks:
- Technical support in premises management for all locations.
- Follow up and ensure adequate provision of power in all premises, including power back-up systems & generators.
- Ensure adequate provision of utilities in all premises and that bills are settled in a timely manner.
Communication Systems Management:
- Ensure that all GOAL personnel are monitored and trained in communication operations and procedures, and that these procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that all communication systems are functional and bills are paid promptly.
- 3+ years of experience in logistics management with A degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field; A degree or qualification may be replaced by a minimum of 6 years’ experience directly relevant to the post.
- Appropriate skills and experience in capacity building and the training of staff, and development and implementation of systems.
- Strong procurement background, and knowledge in vehicle management, communication systems, IT, procurement, stock control and asset management systems.
- Experience of working in insecure environments.
- Ability and willingness to travel, including to insecure environments.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusion.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an analytical approach to work.
- Ability to take initiative and work long hours with minimal supervision.
- A Degree in relevant subject.
- Hands-on experience in areas such as repairing/maintaining vehicles, computer and communications systems setup an advantage.
- Experience in report writing.
Contract Length: 1 year.
Salary Offer: UGX 4,000,000 Gross.