Position Details: Infrastructure Administrator
The Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the design, deployment, performance and availability of the server and network infrastructure is to the highest standard with maximum levels of productivity and efficiency. They are responsible for ongoing administration and support of all Infrastructure systems.
This role is responsible for providing expert advice and support on the Banks infrastructure related undertakings and for the efficient and secure operations of IT infrastructure Services at the Bank.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, IT, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering or similar degree qualification
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows System technologies e.g. Windows Server Operating systems, Active Directory, Systems Centre Products and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with multiple storage and backup subsystems.
- Experience with virtual infrastructures e.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, etc
- ITIL Foundation training
- Working experience with Internet technologies, IP technologies, Network devices and equipment (e.g. Routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems, install and operate network-monitoring tools and maintain network documentation.
- Ability to generate, read, interpret Networking design and diagrams
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a WAN /LAN environment, which must include configuring switches, routers and firewalls.
- Network Performance Tuning, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study and Technical Zeal.
- Ability to understand and/or operate other infrastructure technologies e.g. CISCO, Linux, UNIX
- Good analytical, diagnostic and communication skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets, exhibiting thorough familiarity with available methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards associated with own area of specialization and making correct choices from alternatives
- Disposition to share ICT knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the company
- Good People management skills and ability to manage third party contractors.