Finance & Administration Officer
Our Client is a wholly indigenous quality- driven oil and gas services company. The client provides Engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning services and drilling support services. Our Client seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and results-oriented individual to fill the vacancy above. The company is interested in hiring a proactive person who builds new markets and drives existing one
This function reports to Head of Corporate Services
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage the day-to-day financial and administrative resources of the office.
• Prepare budgets for country operations for approval by the company headquarters.
• Prepare monthly cashflow projections.
• Log and monitor office expenditure and provide reports on request.
• Perform general administrative duties.
• Implement financial policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all financial and administrative documents and files are properly organized, updated and regularly backed up.
Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to headquarters in line with prescribed deadlines.
• Conduct regular checks of the internal controls.
• Ensure adequate maintenance of records (staff contracts, insurance documents, etc.).
• Assist with project related administrative work as required.
• Select and negotiate with local service providers within the established financial parameters.
• Perform other office management duties as required.
Key Competencies & Behavioral Expectations:
• Good understanding of accounting principles, including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledger journals
Competency in Microsoft Office Packages, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Time management and self-organization skills
• Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail oriented
• High level of reliability, objectivity and integrity
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public or Business Administration
• At least two years relevant work experience