Position Details: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
The Financial Controller is responsible for setting up, maintaining and supervising the accounting, financial and tax reporting procedures for the entity. The jobholder will be responsible for the integrity of finance and accounting policies, standards and budgets, and ensuring adequate practical implementation.
The Financial Controller will be the Custodian of the framework for standardized business processes for the entity and will be responsible for the provision of relevant, accurate and timely information to key stakeholders (Statutory as well as Management).
Reporting to the CEO and Group Financial Controller, the Financial Controller’s key focus areas will be:
- Implementing an ERP System,
- Implementing strong controls, systems and procedures;
- Preparing accounting and management reports.
Key responsibilities include:
- Tasked with planning for and implementing an ERP software system;
- Handling and managing the company’s finance function including the setup of a strong accounting team as required;
- Ensuring the existence of a sound structure of financial controls as well as compliance with company principles on business conduct and ethics.
- Preparing financial statements and reports for presentation to management and shareholders.
- Assisting with budget preparation and financial planning procedures;
- Providing timely, accurate & complete financial information and management information for internal use and for statutory and fiscal purposes.
- Preserving the integrity and reliability of financial information. Promoting system upgrades and enhancements.
- Applying or implementing accounting policies in accordance with statutory and IFRS requirements; acting as a custodian and providing assistance in their interpretation and implementation.
- Liaising with the parent company, auditors, banks, insurers, tax authorities and other stakeholders in connection with finance related issues
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND NEEDED
- Relevant degree in Finance and/or professional qualification – ACCA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior accounting role.
- Excellent managerial skills and an ability to manage the work flow.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and ERP Systems. Working knowledge of SAP/Cargowise would be an added advantage.