Position Details: General Manager
General Manager Job Summary
The general manager will oversee the growth and development of the business and related subsidiaries. The GM will be expected to deliver an aggressive growth strategy combined with the simultaneous establishment and expansion of operational systems, processes and staffing to meet the expansion. The GM will be responsible for the management of all personnel including hiring, training, and performance managing and mentoring lower-level managers and employees. The GM will work closely with the CEO and various group executives to support with the implementation of group wide management initiatives and develop strategic plans for business growth based on short-term and long-term goals.
General Manager Job Duties
- Overall responsibility for client satisfaction and retention on the basis of the delivery of high quality, punctual and budgeted clearing and forwarding services.
- Support Directors with the development of operational and sales strategies by studying industry best practices, marketing, technological and financial opportunities and producing advisory reports.
- Oversee day-to-day business operations
- Represent FFU and the broader FF Group on all relevant professional & industry bodies such as UFFA, PAU, UCMP etc.
- Represent FFU and the broader FF Group at industry events, conferences, sales meetings, public and private sector roundtables.
- Work in harmony with the FFK Business Development team to support with the targeting and capturing of new sales.
- Recruit, select, train and performance manage staff.
- Accomplish FFU objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and KPIs. Allocate resources, review progress and make operational corrections as required.
- Establish clearing and forwarding operations, procurement, client management and business development functions.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing FFU SOPs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies and working with FFK QHSE staff to ensure certifications and best practices are met.
General Manager Requirements
- Provide leadership at all levels of the organization
- Communicate and represent the company vision and values
- Provide technical support and oversight of clearing and forwarding and related operating policies and procedures.
- Define and implement policies and performance standards
- Evaluate employee performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed
- Assess company performance and devise plans for improvement
- Manage profit and loss statements and account for costs and revenues
- Allocate budget resources for supplies, equipment, marketing, and personnel
- Degree in Logistics or related field
- MBA in Business Administration, Logistics or related field