Position Details: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary role of the job is to give support to the Key Account Manager and the Account Managers to maintain long-term relationships with clients through provision of excellent end to end service delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring that clients’ needs are always well taken care of by being customer focused and providing world class customer service.
- Managing client relationships and providing clients with excellent service and support always.
- Managing documents received from clients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working closely with internal departments, external agencies and suppliers to ensure the successful delivery of services to clients.
- Opening files and liaising with both internal and external parties to ensure that documents are processed timely and in an efficient manner.
- Maintaining cargo status report and ensuring that clients are always kept updated as to the progress of their shipments by both phone and email.
- Monitoring and keeping data of all costs/incidentals pertaining to clearance /movements
- Liaising with container control section to ensure that empty containers are returned to the shipping line nominated depots.
- Checking and approving all KPA invoices and 3rd party payments e.g. shipping line local charges, AWL, CFS, container demurrage, container repair etc
- Tailoring status reports to suit client needs e.g. color coding / highlighting as per client requests.
- Identifying, making and following up on all claims through FFK claims team and maintain a report.
- Feeding back all suggestions for improvement and market research to the Key Account Manager.
- Handling clients complains in an efficient and timely manner and escalating issues that require management’s interventions.
- Preparing accurate and timely reports for management as and when required.
- To work in accordance with all company policies, procedures and processes.
- To actively promote, champion and input into the QHSE focus of FFK throughout all business activities and operations whilst ensuring that full cognizance is taken of QHSE in all decisions.
- Any other job that may be given to the job holder from time to time e.g. assist with BD Initiatives.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
A bachelor’s degree in marketing or in a business-related discipline.
Fresh graduate with an aptitude to learn.
- General knowledge of Port, Shipping, CFS and boarder Operations.
- General knowledge in customs clearance processes in COMESA region.
- Customer service and relationship building Skills.
- Time management skills
- Report writing skills.
- Attention to details.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.