Position Details: Unit Leader -Business Development
The position is responsible for managing the direct sales force of the company, recruitment, training and motivating the team to achieve set goals. Also they are charged with the responsibility of segmenting the market, giving value proposition to the customers and diversifying delivery channels of the company’s products and services to grow the available market share as well as giving feedback on market practices and competitor analysis and intelligence in order to boost the BUSINESS profitable growth.
- Identifying, vetting and recruitment of quality sales force agents as per the company’s terms and conditions
- Conducting training on products and sales techniques to the direct agents.
- Cascading targets and goals to individual agents as well as the group.
- In coordination with the Business Development manager, ensuring that yearly business acquisition targets for the team are attained
- Conducting formal audits of the knowledge of the agents on the company’s products, services as well as general information knowledge of the BUSINESS by the agents
- Conducting routine formal field audits of the business introduced by the direct agents to confirm and report on the insured’s perception and satisfaction levels on the service rendered
- Organising and coordinating regular market outreach activities – activations - to grow the customer base.
- A member of the product development committee charged with giving feedback on exiting products from the market perspective as well as suggesting new and or improvements to existing products to improve the companies offering in products and service delivery
- Ensuring that agents give the customer the highest level of quality customer service standards to ensure business retention and growth
- Providing management with regular structured reports in their area of work and key action areas that need attention and following up to ensure implementation / remedial measures are taken
- Monitoring the conversation rate of new business leads to actual policies
- Soliciting and negotiating special incentives to top performing agents.
- Promoting a positive image of the company through service protocols to clients, members of the public and other stakeholders. Such promotion may include public speaking, other forms of public relations, etc.
- Preparing and submitting regular & timely management reports on marketing activities in their jurisdiction, marketing activities being undertaken, challenges faced and business acquisition strategies in place
- Preparing, transmitting and strategizing in consultation with the BDM regular reports on overall business
- acquisition efforts
- Gathering, market intelligence on competitors within the designated Region, such as: -Products and policy contract packaging, Target markets and clients, Premium rates and underwriting techniques, Sales and broker network and Client base etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Equivalent
- Professional Marketing qualification like CIM is added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in managing retail operations