MONTROSE is an international development project management and consultancy company providing support to clients operating in the developing world. Specialized in the sectors of health, education, rural livelihoods and private sector development, our clients include bilateral and multilateral development agencies, the private sector, Non-Governmental Organizations and other development stakeholders.
Background to the Health Pooled Fund Project
Phase two of the South Sudan Health Pooled Fund (HPF) will be supported by the British Government’s Department for International Development (DFID), the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the Swedish International Development and Cooperation Agency (SIDA), and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Running through 28 February, 2018, the fund will support delivery of essential primary health care and referral health services up to hospital level as well as health system strengthening at the national, state, county and facility/community levels. The HPF supports services in 23 lots - covering eight of South Sudan’s ten former states. One of the primary objectives of this project is to transfer ownership and stewardship of health service delivery to the Government of South Sudan.
A consortium led by Crown Agents and including Montrose is responsible for managing and implementing this project.
The Health Pooled Fund is seeking a Family Planning Specialist to lead and advise on the Fund’s family planning programming. Under the direct supervision of the Health Service Delivery Manager, the incumbent will perform the following roles and responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Family Planning Specialist:
· Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support to Implementing Partners, County Health Departments and Hospital Management teams for implementation of family planning activities at hospital, health facility and community level.
· Coordinate with MOH and UNFPA to ensure the availability, distribution and utilisation of family planning commodities and equipment for implementing partners working in the 23 lots and solve supply chain issues as needed
· Support integration of family planning in other programme areas such as Quality of Care, HIV, MNCH and community level health services
· Lead the advocacy component for demand creation of family planning
· Work closely with the HPF health systems strengthening team to ensure family planning is an integrated component of the health system strengthening workstream within HPF
· Provide policy level support where appropriate
· Identification of areas for Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA), drafting ToRs and monitoring and supporting STTA if applicable.
Women and South Sudanese nationals are highly encouraged to apply.