|Location:||Juba, South Sudan|
Reporting to a Shift Supervisor is responsible for monitoring entrance and exit doors, admitting authorized persons access to the Correctional Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensuring that the Control Rooms remain secure at all times and that no unauthorized person enter the Control Rooms.
2. Monitoring and controlling all sally port doors that enter into the secured area of the facility. Also, monitoring and controlling all of the sally port doors in the housing units.
3. Ensuring the surveillance monitors are observed at all times.
4. Monitoring of all fire alarms within the facility.
5. Functioning as a dispatcher for the Correctional Center=s radio communication system.
6. Signing up visitors coming in to see inmates.
7. Monitoring visiting inmates and visitors.
8. Credit any cash and/or money orders to the appropriate inmate account fund, and generate receipts. 9. Answer public inquiries from the bonding/visiting lobbies.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. High School certificate.
2.Two (2) years of experience in a security setting as a security guard officer.
2. Valid Driver’s License
3. No crime Convictions
4. Typing proficiency at least 30 words per minute.
MAJOR WORK CHARACTERISTICS
1. Be familiar with computer applications, AS 400 main frame and personal computer.
2. Work in Control Room, watch video monitors to ensure that the proper, authorized persons enter the Correctional Center, that the officers in the housing units are secure
5. Use the radio, telephone, computer, intercom system and emergency alarm system in accordance with policy and procedure or post orders.
6. Control and use security keys or any security equipment assigned.
Ability to works rotating shifts, weekends and holidays.
Function within the enclosed environment of a Control Room.
Interact with coworkers and members of the public in a courteous and professional manner